Due to the ever-changing status of COVID-19, Balmain Veterinary Hospital continues to implement risk management strategies in accordance with information provided by Australian Government health authorities, taking a considered approach to maintaining a safe environment for all.
We respectfully ask our clients to please observe the following:
- Only one person accompany their pet into our consultation rooms for their appointment
- Wear a face mask during your visit - please ask reception if you require one to be provided
- Use available hand sanitisers in our waiting area
- Use contactless payment methods where possible
- Upon arrival, we ask that clients visually take note of the number of people in our waiting area and remain outside until appropriate to enter - a maximum of five clients at any given time in order to maintain 1.5m distance (our receptionists will assist in managing this)
- If you are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms such as cough, fever, sore throat or shortness of breath, if you have been in contact with a COVID-19 positive individual, or have recently travelled, we ask that you get in contact with our reception on (02) 9810 7544 PRIOR to visiting our hospital
Depending on your circumstances we may ask you to elect a friend or family member who has not had direct contact with you to come in on your behalf or ask you to remain in your car and call us when you arrive for your scheduled appointment. A staff member wearing personal protective equipment can collect your pet and have a veterinarian call you to perform a consultation with you over the phone. In the case of an emergency, please arrive in the hospital car park, remain in the car and call us immediately.
Your understanding and cooperation in helping us minimise the risk of spread of COVID-19 to our staff, clients and community is greatly appreciated.